What Drinks are High in Fiber?
In order to ensure you’re living a healthy lifestyle, it’s important to keep track of your diet. Along with exercise and a good sleep schedule, your diet is what keeps your body functioning at its best. Including a variety of fruits, vegetables, lean meats, legumes, and whole wheat products into your daily routine is essential to nourish your body and reduce your risk of inflammation and chronic illnesses.
One of the most important nutrients for your body is dietary fiber, but unfortunately, most of us just aren’t getting enough from our diets alone. Are there ways you can include more fiber into your diet so your body can function at its best?
In today’s article, we’re going to cover that and more, including:
- Why fiber is so important
- Can you drink your fiber?
- Drinks high in fiber that you can try
Why is fiber so important?
Is fiber something you should strive to get more of?
Dietary fiber is found naturally in a variety of foods, such as legumes, whole wheat, fruits, and vegetables. Our bodies need fiber in order to nourish our systems, and provide the roughage necessary to help the digestive system do its job. There are two general types of fiber:
- Soluble fiber. This is the type of fiber that does dissolve in water and forms a gel-like material that gradually moves through your system. You can find soluble fiber in oats, fruits, and legumes.
- Insoluble fiber. Another variety of fiber is insoluble, which means it does not dissolve in water. Instead it helps the body move material through the digestive system, and can be found in foods like bran, vegetables, and potatoes.
Doctors tell us that having a diet that includes both kinds of fiber is important for a variety of reasons.
- Keeps your gut and bowels healthy. The digestive system is one of the most important bodily systems, so ensuring your gut and bowels are functioning properly is essential. Fiber helps to solidify stool, and adds bulk to it in order to keep it soft and easy to pass. Fiber may help prevent hemorrhoids and lower your risk of developing colorectal cancer.
- Maintains cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Foods that are high in fiber (such as legumes) may be able to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels and keep blood pressure levels low too. Including foods like beans, oats, and bran can help you achieve this. In addition, fiber keeps blood sugar levels where they should be by slowing the absorption of sugars. This is especially helpful for those with diabetes.
- Helps with body weight. Higher fiber foods keep you fuller for longer, reducing your chances of snacking or eating too much throughout the day. Higher fiber foods take longer to eat, and are less energy dense, which means they have less calories for the same amount of food.
- Prevents chronic illness. Fiber rich foods are good for the body, especially the digestive system. Keeping weight, blood sugar, and cholesterol in check, fiber can prevent inflammation and obesity that can lead to chronic conditions such as heart disease or cancer.
What are high fiber drinks?
Can you get fiber from beverages?
Some of the best ways to get your daily soluble and insoluble fiber is from your diet. Eating a good variety of oats, whole grains, fruits, vegetables, legumes, and nuts will help you reach your daily recommended fiber count. Men need about 38 grams of fiber each day, and women need around 25 grams. But did you know that you can also increase your fiber count with high fiber drinks, supplements, and fortified foods? Chances are you’ve heard of fiber supplements, such as Metamucil, that lots of people choose to include in their day. Using a fiber supplement, either in pill form or as a powder dissolved in a drink, is an easy way to boost your fiber count, but it doesn’t give you the variety of fiber and other nutrients that can come from food.
There are also cereals and other foods that are fortified with fiber, which means it’s added as an additional ingredient. Additional fiber may seem like a great idea, but make sure it’s something your body needs and that you don’t experience too much gas or upset stomach after eating these types of foods.
High fiber drinks are another great option to increase your fiber count, and are different from fiber supplements. If you still find it difficult to meet your daily fiber requirement, you can also turn to drinking your fiber!
- Try smoothies. One of the easiest ways to increase your fiber, fruits, and vegetables counts for the day is by making a smoothie. Lots of people struggle to get in these healthy foods throughout the day, but there’s something about blending them up and sipping on a drink that’s just a little easier. Include greens like spinach, apples, berries, and even seeds like chia seeds or flaxseeds to up your fiber count.
- Vegetable juice is a great choice. Get in on the juicing craze and start juicing fiber rich foods! Whether you want to try carrot juice, beet juice, kale juice, or mix and match your flavors, using veggie juice is another easy way to increase your daily fiber.
- Protein shakes. Try out protein meal replacement shakes! Depending on the ingredients, a lot of protein shakes contain additional fiber to help keep you fuller for longer. Make sure to read the label on any protein shake to ensure that there is fiber included, and that there aren’t too many sugars or calories that would detract from this healthy fiber option.
What drinks are high in fiber that you can incorporate into your day?
Consider adding these high fiber drinks to reach your goals throughout the day!
Want to add more fiber to your diet in a refreshing, lemony way? Then consider checking out the WonderSlim Fiber Drink. This drink is super easy to mix, so you can easily put the packet in your bag or purse and get on with your day. Perfect for busy people with hectic schedules, you’ll also love that it comes in two tasty flavors you’re not going to get bored of. With 5 grams of fiber, drinking this will help you feel fuller for longer. This is exactly what you want from a drink that is high in fiber!
In addition to fiber that’s essential to your diet, you’ll get 7 vitamins and minerals, 0 grams of sugar, 0 grams of fat, 15 calories, and 0-1 net carbs, which is perfect for anyone who needs to nourish their body when they have a busy day. Don’t worry about what you’ll consume when you’re away from home and can’t make a meal from scratch. These handy drinks are designed to be enjoyed any time of the day!.
WonderSlim Plant Protein Meal Replacement Shake
Looking for a high fiber drink that’s made from plant-based protein? Then look no further than WonderSlim Plant Based Plant Protein Meal Replacement Shake. These shakes come in three delicious flavors (as well as a variety pack) and are designed to replace a meal, or act as a satisfying snack to hold you over. Made with 15 grams of pea protein, 24 vitamins and minerals, 1 gram of sugar or less, 4 net carbs, and 100 calories, these shakes would be the perfect addition to your healthy diet.
With ingredients like kale, broccoli, spinach, pumpkin, and more, you know you’re getting the fiber your body needs with these convenient meal replacement shakes.
WonderSlim Meal Replacement Shake
A great go-to option when it comes to delicious meal replacement shakes is the original WonderSlim Meal Replacement Shake. These easy to make shakes are available in 9 flavors and include a variety pack. With 15 grams of calcium caseinate protein, 24 vitamins and minerals, and just 100 calories, this drink is one of the easiest ways to get all the nutrition you need, right in one place. Stay fuller longer, whether you’re drinking one for breakfast, or just need an afternoon pick me up, you can stay on track with your healthy diet with one of these shakes.
It’s easy to find drinks that are high in fiber!
When you’re ready to include more fiber in your diet, consider choosing one of these high fiber drinks. Along with a variety of high fiber foods, these drinks could be just what’s missing from your routine!