The most important meal of the day can be exceptional without eggs and mind-blowing without bacon.
We’ve all heard it said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day—and it’s true. Not only can breakfast provide you with valuable nutrients and energy that can boost your concentration, it can also help you maintain a healthy body weight. People who skip breakfast tend to get hungry and snack on foods that are high in sugar and fat before it’s time to eat lunch. They also often struggle to get enough of the recommended daily vitamins and minerals that they could have gotten if they had eaten even a simple breakfast.
Of those who do regularly eat breakfast, you’ll read and hear about how much they love to eat bacon, ham, eggs, cheese, and other foods. In fact, bacon obsession has become a meme and is almost treated like its own food group these days.
But what about those who avoid animal products? Can vegans find equally nutritious and delicious breakfast ideas that even look appetizing enough to share on their Instagram? The answer is, yes!
Quiches to Biscuits and Gravy: Prepare To Be Amazed
While the variety of tasty vegan breakfast ideas out there is virtually endless, we realize that everyone—vegan or not—can struggle to come up with new recipes from time to time. With that in mind, we’ve assembled the following collection of amazing vegan breakfast selections:
- Eggs are not required to make an awesome sun-dried tomato, mushroom, and spinach tofu quiche or these ingenious chickpea flour omelets with asparagus.
- For a simpler (but no less tasty) alternative, scramble up some tofu and kale with sweet potato fries.
- While it might take a little while to prepare an incredible vegan frittata, discovering its deliciousness will be instantaneous.
- Want to go even bigger? Load some veggies into this vegan breakfast casserole.
- Looking for something more portable? Try this scrambled egg and bacon breakfast sandwich that you won’t believe didn’t come from your favorite local breakfast joint.
- This vegan sawmill gravy and biscuits with TVP-shiitake hash will give you all the goodness of country cookin’ without any of the high-calorie guilt.
Vegan Mexican-Inspired Breakfast Cuisine
For some savory, south-of-the-border fare, try these:
- Salsa-tofu breakfast burritos
- Bold breakfast tacos
- Caramelized onion and pepper quesadillas
- Put a tasty twist on your morning toast by topping it with some refried beans and avocado.
Breakfast(er): Quick and Easy Foods On the Go
Need some ideas that’ll fit your fast-paced lifestyle?
- Throw together some breakfast quinoa with toasted coconut and pistachios
- Some stout steel cut oats or some “hot chocolate” banana-nut oatmeal do the trick—and you can throw some in the fridge for later.
- When Alicia Silverstone isn’t acting, she’s creating great vegan recipes that aren’t “clueless” at all, like this one for vegan peanut butter granola. Make a batch for breakfast and then snack on it during the week.
- These soft & chewy sugar-free baked granola bars are great grab-and-go options, as well.
Sweet Starters: Vegan Pancakes, Donuts and More
If you want to go the simpler (and sweeter) route, whip up some blueberry oatmeal waffles, lovely lemon pancakes, or old-school vegan french toast. Who knew that a cinnamon-based batter could produce chocolate, vanilla, or “coco-nutty” baked donuts? And you can even bake some better-than-bagel shop homemade bagels with tofutti, capers, and caramelized shallots.
Refreshing Vegan Breakfast Smoothies
If smoothies are more your speed, then drink in these tasty options: How does raspberry avocado sound? How about mango, pineapple, and lime? Or what about a vanilla-tinged mango/yogurt blend? Have you been looking for something to do with the extra berries in your freezer? Throw them in the blender for a wake-up smoothie. And since you’ve got the blender out, why not whip up some carrot-orange juice?
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks, we strive to offer an enormous variety of foods that can help you maintain your vegan lifestyle. Do you like smoothies? Add some of our vegan protein powders for a power boost. And our gluten-free baking and pancake mix is the perfect ingredient for many of the breakfast ideas we’ve featured above.